Maik Derstappen: Subtemplates in bobtemplates.plone or on the way to plonecli
Talk by Maik Derstappen at the Plone Conference 2017 in Barcelona.
A long time ago, creating a Plone package was as simple as using ZopeSkel and then ZopeSkel sub templates to add for example a new content type. But ZopeSkel is dead.
Plone is using the new mr.bob already for years, with bobtemplates.plone as main template for a new Plone project. But there were only basic templates, no list of templates, no way to add a content type or other things with a sub template, a hard to remember command. So let's fix that!
My vision: give me a tool which helps for:
- creating different projects, like an add-on or a buildout
- extending packages with content types, vocabularies, a theme
- provide best practice skeletons
Something like this:
$ pip instll plonecli $ plonecli -l templates: - addon - content_type - portlet - buildout $ plonecli add content_type
- addon: basic Plone addon
- buildout: development/project buildout
- theme_package: full stand-alone theme package, based on Barceloneta, with grunt setup
- content_type: Dexterity CT with XML or zope.schema
- vocabulary: dynamic vocabulary
- theme: advanced theme, including themesitesetup and themefragments
- more to come: tile, behavior, portlet
I have a fork of mr.bob that can list templates.
On plonecli you could use shorter, more easier to remember commands, and I want autocompletion to make it even easier.
We will sprint on this, so please join.