Lighting Talks Friday
Lighting talks on the last day of the Plone Conference 2009 in Budapest, not counting the weekend sprint. A big thank you to Balasz Ree and all the others!
- Robert Niederreiter: agx
- Pawel Lewicki: ZPublisher.Client.Object
- Nate Aune: ContentMirror
- Jonathan Callahan: Plone as generic data browser
- Fred van Dijk: Rapucation
- Steve McMahon: Plone Education
- Mikko Ohtamaa: Plone Developer documentation
- Andrew Mleczko: Content import
- Andreas Zeidler: collective.solr
- Andrew Carter: Plumi
- Florian Friesdorf: mr.developer
- Sjoerd: Deco
agx does tree transformation with python.
Get the real zodb object via url:
ZPublisher.Client.Object('http://.../obj', user, pass)
Push zodb data to a relational database.
Project for a school. Music teacher. Teenagers do not care about classical music, just videos. So let them make rap videos: rapucation. Let them share and react with others.
- LinguaPlone only shows Dutch content when you watch the site in Dutch. But we want them to see German and English reactions as well. So we tweaked LinguaPlone. Set Language='all' in all calls to the portal_catalog. And we did some tweaks for ordering.
- Don't store the video in Plone. We used ftp.streamingprovider.com and tweaked the urls that are shown.
- Notify reviewers by email. Use content rules for that. plone.app.contentrules.
Book by Erik Rose: Plone 3.0 for Education
Chris Calloway: "We need less innovation and more documentation for a while."
There is a lot of knowledge around, but tacit knowledge needs to become explicit knowledge.
- Write down problem.
- Write down answer.
How to import 120,000 documents in 8.43 minutes? Idea: only create the catalog brains. Let users create the real data later. Some dummy objects and a traverser later we are done very fast!
SOLR is a search engine. collective.solr does integration in Plone. Andy did a demo.
Plumi is video sharing: http://EngageMedia.org Based on ATVideo. We want to sprint on Plumi this weekend.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mr.developer written by Florian Schulze. Check out packages in your buildout.
git-svn and gitify. Central svn, local git! In mr.developer you have some new options now: revision and pkg_base.
I am a student at Four Digits. Assignment: create forms and interface for adding/editing application tiles to Deco. Integrate it with Dexterity. Create rendering engine to render the page. I have made progress and want to sprint on it.